Saturday, September 16, 2017

Welcome back to school!  We are in the second year of a traditional calendar and it is difficult for me as a teacher.  However, I get so much enjoyment in watching all our huskies return to school, especially our Husky pups (kindergarteners).  My schedule this year is the same as last.  I teach six classes every day and I am on a seven day rotation.

Our first week I introduced our students to fun stories to get them acclimated to the library, explain some expectations to keep them safe and the library somewhat organized.  We also check out one book on their first day to establish a routine from the very beginning.  I also allow kinders to check out one book their very first day.  After all, isn't that why they are excited about coming?....and to support reading and literacy?